Public input is now being sought as Loudoun County’s Environmental Commission begins to build an environmental strategy for the Board of Supervisors to consider in early 2022. The commission, which includes a wide range of representation from the community, industry and higher education, is currently focusing on five key topic areas:
- Energy sustainability, including clean and renewable energy usage;
- Enhancing natural resources, such as trees, wildlife, watersheds, and land conservation;
- Environmental justice, which examines the impact of environmental issues on underserved populations;
- “Government by example,” which includes programs to enhance the sustainability of Loudoun County government operations;
- Increasing public engagement in environmental and sustainability initiatives.
For more information and to register visit Loudoun County’s registration link.